Asbestosis Claims process
The following Asbestosis claims process is only a very broad guide as every asbestosis cases has to be treated individually depending upon the clients needs and diagnosis
- In most cases we attempt to come and see you at home and discuss the legal process
- We will talk to you about where you were exposed to asbestos and piece together your working past.
- We will request various documents to support your case such as your medical records.
- We can help you apply for Government Benefits
- We will arrange for you to speak to a support group or other sufferers, if you wish
- We will find the company or insurer responsible for paying your compensation.
- You may need to attend a medical examination with a chest consultant.
- We will present all the evidence to the company or insurer responsible for paying your compensation, and give them the opportunity to settle your case out of court. Most cases settle at this point.
- If necessary we will review your case with a barrister and discuss taking it to court.
- If you are happy with this, court proceedings will be issued.
- Most cases are resolved within 18-24 months from when we are first contacted.
Many clients are concerned that the legal process will start to take over their life. All we ask is that you provide us with the information we will request at the outset of the case. We will update you on a regular basis. We believe that it is important that we shoulder the stress and burden of bringing the claim, allowing you to get on with life without additional stress.