The Damages (Asbestos-Related Conditions) Bill was introduced into the House of Lords last week by Baroness Quin. The Bill is identical to Andrew Dismore’s Private Members’ Bill, which progressed through the House of Commons in the last parliamentary session. A date for the second reading of the Bill is yet to be set
- The importance of the Coroner in industrial disease cases.
- Asbestos at The Royal Devonport Dockyard
- A former electrician, Mr Roger Prince, died of mesothelioma due to exposure on site in the 1960’s
- Out of court settlement agreed for family of former CEGB employee.
- Financial security for the widow of a former Barrow Shipyard worker.