The Manchester Evening News yesterday reported how Mum of three Penny Garner, 45, is dying from lung cancer and says it was caused by being exposed to asbestos in the playground at school.
She recalls spending playtimes as a pupil at Seedley primary school in Salford during the 1970’s watching builders demolish the historic baths – which were believed to have contained asbestos – next door.
Steven Evans of WE Solicitors said: ‘More commonly we are seeing people who have not worked with asbestos suffering asbestos related illnesses. This brings additional complications when making a legal claim in proving when and where an individual has been exposed, even more so when you take into account the period of time it takes for an illness to develop.
These sufferers should not be excluded from seeking justice and every assistance should be given to support them and their families.
If you or anyone you know has been diagnosed with an asbestos related illness, please contact us on 0800 294 3065 for confidential, free advice.