WE Solicitors have been successful in securing compensation for the family of an ex-employee of Southern Gas Board.
Mr S sadly passed away from Mesothelioma on the 5 February 2013 and we acted on behalf of the estate of the late Mr S which was administered by his son who resides in Florida.
Around two or three years before he passed away our client recalled his father’s health deteriorating rapidly and he suffered with many symptoms including terrible pain, insomnia, weight loss, stress and anxiety, shortness of breath, leg swelling, and fluid on his lungs that required draining.
Mr S was exposed to asbestos during his employment with Southern Gas Board as a Labourer in the Maintenance Department before he worked his way up the ranks to a Shift Foreman.
As a labourer Mr S climbed over asbestos lagged pipes and would remove the lagging using his bare hands.
Unfortunately we were instructed after Mr S passed away and therefore were not able to obtain evidence from him however previous colleagues came forward to provide us with evidence that supported the claim.
Medical evidence was commissioned which supported his diagnosis and the defendants agreed to compensate our client with thousands of pounds in compensation.
If you or someone you know is diagnosed with an asbestos related illness, please contact us on 0800 294 3065 for advice