Mr Tattersall was exposed to asbestos whilst he was working as an Electrician. He worked for BAS Electrical which are now known as T Clark North West for 4 years and then was self employed but contracted to WMB for a year.
During the course of his employment he had to lay cables along asbestos lagged pipes. Mr Tattersall would be constantly brushing up against pipes in small confined spaces as well as in large boiler rooms. During his time as an apprentice it was Mr Tattersall’s job to sweep up at the end of the day. He would be disturbing the asbestos dust again by doing this.
At no point during his employment was Mr Tattersall provided with any form of breathing equipment to protect him from breathing in asbestos dust nor was he ever warned of the dangers of asbestos.
When Mr Tattersall was first diagnosed with an asbestos related condition the was told that he may have Mesothelioma. Mr Tattersall went through several months of uncertainty. He is a Health and Safety consultant now and is well aware of the impact asbestos exposure can have in later life.
WE Solicitors commissioned a medical report which confirmed Mr Tattersall was suffering from a respiratory disability caused by Diffuse Pleural Thickening as a result of his asbestos exposure by his previous employers.
WE Solicitors were able to negotiate an out of court settlement of £25,000 for Mr Tattersall.